Whole 30 | Food log | Day 21
Another day of eating stuff. I guess it’s like any day now, really. I don’t know if it’s a habit or not yet. In fact, the Whole30 folks send out a newsletter for each day of the program. The email today was about habits. Here are a couple tidbits from today’s newsletter:
- It takes approximately 66 days to form a habit even though the common wisdom is that it takes just three weeks.
- About 40% of the actions that you take each day are not the result of conscious decisions, but of habits.
- It can take up to 8 months for a complicated habit to take hold.
- Most habits run through three checkpoints—30, 90, and 365 days—before they become truly automatic.
- Missing a day or two here or there does not reduce the chance of forming a habit.
- The first few days of your new habit are the most important to be diligent about
They also offer up some sort of inspirational message that you are supposed to click on at the end of the day if you stay on the program. This was the message from today’s email… but only watch it if you ate healthy today!
Breakfast | Sweet potato and hard boiled eggs.
I still really enjoy this breakfast.
Lunch | Pot roast with vegetables
So I have made two previous pot roasts with two very different textures. I have found that one is far superior in terms of deliciousness. (see my tip below) Also, I added rutabaga this time which is very good. A good substitute if you really want a white potato which is not Whole30 compliant.
Tip: Bottom Round versus Chuck Roast
If you’re going to use the crock pot, use chuck roast. It tastes much better. Becky, however, thinks it is a little too fatty. She also doesn’t like bottom round.
Dinner | Steak, salad, sweet potato fries, guacamole, mango and tangerine
Forgot to photograph this till after eating most of the salad. We had red wine vinegar dressing, but I really wanted my Garlic Expressions which has added sugar. Everything else was delicious and satisfying.
Physical Condition Report
Feeling good again today. Did some more jogging this am and still felt strong. Still have the nicely regulated energy levels. All is well. Bring on day 22!